How Do You Keep’em Smiling?
April 17, 2020
By Upland Community Resource Center
All smiles and fun is what makes family time so memorable. There is no better time. Of course, family time also includes frustration, disagreements and just plain boredom. Life with spouses, kids, grandparents and neighbors can be challenging and rewarding. The key is to take the wheat with the chaff. But, that’s not always possible.
What is Possible?
The good news is like the kids we’re raising, we as adults aren’t to old to learn and grow. Here’s some tips by Melissa Willets a writer/blogger and Mom you might want to review and add to your Keep’em Smiling toolkit.
- Take an active share of parenting responsibility.
- Show your spouse appreciation, even for simple parenting tasks like emptying the diaper pail.
- Practice sensuality in everyday life through simple gestures like hugs and kisses.
- Talk about how you are feeling, be it lonely, frustrated, or even horny! And try not to accuse your partner, but rather tell him or her what your needs are. “I would like you to help around the house more,” not “You never do anything around here to help!”
- Help your partner get some “me” time to pursue interests he or she had before kids. On the flip-side, make sure you also get that time.
- Seek counseling if needed, before it’s too late to address issues in your relationship, or as they pertain to addiction.
Family is the foundation when it’s available. Sometimes family support is not available or equipped to help you Keep’em Smiling. There are resources to turn to when it’s appropriate and you’re ready. Upland Community Resource can help and is ready to listen, understand and assist you with appropriate resources.
Comments are closed.
I want to start off by sharing how excited I am that the UCRC is finally happening! I remember when this was a vision and hearing Pastor Troy talk about LBF wanting to partner with other agencies in doing something great for the community in Upland. This is definitely an answered prayer and a blessing!
I enjoyed reading the Blog above, although geared more towards couples. Will there be future Blogs to include single parenting tips and encouragement?
Thank you and God Bless!